Sunday, April 23, 2006

week of merriment part 1

Well Ive been meaning to throw out a blog about all the stuff that happened last weekend and this past week, but the weekend kind of extended into oh. lets say I started writing this blog Wednesday night.. God knows when its getting posted. Damn this active social life of mine (and where the hell did it come from?).

So I guess my merriment started two Thursday nights ago at Lenores Seder. Yeah folks, my muslicatholic ass actually went to a Seder. No Moses did not come down from the heavens and lay the smack down on me. No bolts of lightening immolated me either (though I swear a couple of clouds up there were looking at me funny). I digress. My first comment is that Lenore is a freeken fantastic cook. Im still dreaming of that brisket. And the chocolate moose holly!! It was cool too cause we all go to tell part of the story of Passover, so it was a learning experience. I must say I was a bit shocked that the story of the Exodus told for Passover, is pretty much the one that I learned in school in Kuwait, where I had to take religion (aka Islam) classes. Considering all the other propaganda we were taught about Jews (mind you, there was no differentiations between Jew and Zionist to them) , I had pretty much expected it with the story of the Exodus too.

Side note: No wonder all the jews I know have such strong livers, your supposed to drink at least 4 glasses of wine during the Seder, and thats for the official part!

Speaking of Wine, someone one day is going to have to explain to me why the hell Total Wines has a section called Kosher/Israel, and puts non kosher wines from NEWYORK in that section? I MEAN I know NY has a big jewish population, but jeez.. Not to say that Love My Goat wasnt a good wine. It was! And I enjoyed it very much, but the whole point of me buying kosher wine was that so that everyone could partake. *Sigh* good thing most people there arent very good jews since I bought three bottles from that section. Total Wines stopped me from properly getting my jew on. F-

So that was my Thursday evening fun night. Then comes Friday! (woo hoo). I have been promising Stacy I would meet up with her in Baltimore for the last oh a lot of months. She lives in southern PA, I live in Northern VA, its a good meeting point. So Friday night I go up to Baltimore to meet up with Stacy, Michelle, and Kelly. Of course I sort of forgot that it was Easter weekend, and that there perhaps might be a little bit of traffic on I-95. Opps! Well luckily this is where the quirks of my cars Navigation system came in really handy. Overall Honda (Acuras parent company) has a really solid Navigation system, even though my system is gen 2 and their on gen 3 systems now. Sometimes thought the system will map a convoluted route, where a much easier one is available. I entered the bars address in the system, and it gave me a route through the district and up 295 into MD and onto the B/W parkway. I decided, what the hell, Im early anyways. Man let me tell you, it was great!!! Weather was awesome, windows down, sunroof open, blasting some sweet tunes, and seeing all the traffic signs saying I-95 severely congested, expect large delays, seek alternate routes. The only problem I ran into, was that I got into Baltimore right as the Orioles game was letting out. The B/W parkway ends at Camden Yards so I sat in traffic waiting for pedestrians and police directions. It wasnt too bad though, and I saw some Oriole players giving interviews before boarding their bus, that was kind of cool!

I get to the bar in high spirits. I take a look up at the name of the place .. and I know Im home. How can I not like a saloon called The Horse you Came in On?? and I wasnt wrong either. This place was pretty cool. It was lively, but not overly crowded. The crowd seemed a good mix of people, with a lot of regulars (including my friends I was meeting there).

I must say, It was really cool to Stacy after so long (and yes I know whos fault that is Stacy *grins*), and her friends are pretty cool. Lets not also forget that all three of them were hot. Dayyam yo, smoking you know what Im saying?? Its funny, for once I was actually thankful my parents made me take horse back riding lessons in Kuwait and over the summers in Switzerland. Not only did I learn how to bribe horses with apples and dates, I was also able to show off my horse knowledge to the lovely ladies I was hanging out with, since their all involved in things equestrian.

It was definitely a kick ass night, and it ended way too soon. We pretty much closed down the bar, but werent ready to go home, so we hung around Fells Point for a while afterwards just chilling and talking on the street, well it was nice outside.. except for the dumb fuck in the 20 year old Turbo Diesel Porsche Carerra that decided to get in his car, start and rev his engine, and sit idling about 5 upwind of us. Mmmm diesel fumes. Aight dude, you got yourself an old Porsche, and to be fair it was in damn good shape for its age, way to go, congratulations, now stop shortening my lifespan with your exhaust shortening my lifespan is my job!!! The best part though, that made me laugh all that off was this other dude who came up and started slobbering all over the car. He wanted to check out whats under the hood so the dude in the car pops the hood. OMFG so I guess the Porsche wasnt even the posers car to begin with. Perhaps I should explain to the non car aficionados here. Porsche Carreras all have rear mounted engines (both the Diesel and the Gasoline powered ones, regardless of the year). It was a Master Card moment:

1986 Porsche Carerra 911 Turbo Diesel $45,000
going out to fells point on a nice night to show off $150
looking like a total idiot poping the front hood of your car to show the engine off , when the engine is in the BACK making you look like a moron in front of everyone..

priceless.

What an awesome night!!!

Happy Birthday Stacy!!! And Congratulations Michelle on the lil foal!!

And then there was Saturday night but thats part 2 of our week long blog series

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home